|euforia confections offers a variety of all natural, exotic, gourmet cakes that are all gluten free!
|According to a 2012 survey from the NPD Group, almost 30% of adults are claiming to cut down or avoid gluten completely. The decision to become gluten free can be challenging, however you do not have to sacrifice taste. euforia confections offers hand made, delicious gluten free cakes are yummy, moist, sweet, flavorful and absolutely decadent.
- Our Thousand-Layer Spice Cake is made of simple and all natural ingredients, including eggs, butter, sugar, milk, fragrant spices, and salt; it is flour-less gluten-free, without any kind of flour in the ingredient
- Our Triple Delight Cake is a vanilla-chocolate-vanilla layered cake, made with fresh ingredients, including eggs, butter, sugar, milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, coffee and non-gluten (white rice, brown rice, tapioca, almond, potato)
euforia confections offers gourmet cakes that will curb your sweet tooth, while still maintaining your gluten free needs. Order our cakes for any occasion, including weddings, gifts or for any occasion to share a gluten free treat with a friend or family member.
euforia confections is proud to offer all natural gluten free desserts that taste good and to be a resource for our gluten free customers. Please read our blog “A Thousand Layers” to stay up to date on gluten free news. Also, please read our FAQ’s and visit our list of gluten free resources to aid you in your gluten free journey. Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Gluten?
Gluten is a protein that is found in wheat, barley, and rye. It's the ingredient that makes dough stretchy and helps it rise and hold shape, and it's also responsible for the chewy texture in breads, pastas, and similar items. Gluten can also be found in a wide variety of items such as health and beauty products, condiments, beer, and imitation meats.
Why are people becoming gluten-free?
People are transitioning to a gluten-free lifestyle due to health problems caused by eating gluten. A few reasons for this are:
- Celiac Disease - an autoimmune disease triggered by gluten consumption. Eating foods containing gluten damages the small intestine, preventing nutrient absorption and causing a wide variety of symptoms. The only proven remedy is a gluten-free diet, which will allow the small intestine to heal. It is estimated that 1 in 133 people are living with Celiac Disease.
- Gluten Sensitivity - another common medical reasons for a gluten-free diet. The symptoms of Gluten Sensitivity are similar to Celiac Disease, but there isn't damage to the intestine.
- Wheat Allergy - a common allergy for children and often confused with celiac disease
Why are gluten-free diets so popular?
Aside from the medical reasons, many people are choosing gluten-free diets for other reasons such as weight loss. Websites, books, and magazine articles are all featuring how to lose weight through a gluten-free diet - by eating fewer processed foods and carbohydrates, and eating more proteins, fruits, and vegetables items, the gluten-free lifestyle can aid in weight loss.
Who is gluten-free?
Hollywood is embracing the gluten-free lifestyle along with the rest of the country. Zooey Deschanel, Miley Cyrus, Chelsea Clinton, and Billy Bob Thornton are just a few examples of people going gluten-free for various reasons.
Where do I find gluten-free products?
Everywhere! Grocery stores across the country are expanding their gluten-free selection. More products are being labeled as gluten-free to assist people in their shopping decisions. Restaurants are beginning to feature more gluten-free items on their menu. Don’t forget to get your gourmet cakes from euforia!
* Before starting any kind of change in diet, make sure you talk to your doctor!